Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Loved the First Year I Started My Blog

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the Broke and the Bookish blog. If you want to participate, click here. This week's theme is a throwback freebie, and this was one of the options.

I started my blog back in June 2015. I am very proud of what I have been able to accomplish in only two years. Below are some of my favorite books I read in 2015, with number one being my favorite.

This is easily my favorite book of all time, and I love everything about the series. I own all the books and have read them more times than I can possibly count! 


2. Gone by Micheal Grant
This is the first book of six, and this YA series was thrilling and suspenseful! The prospect of having no adults around makes this my favorite dystopian series! The powers that they gain are an amazing twist.

3. Losing It by Erin Fry
This realistic fiction book shows that you can do anything when you put your mind to it, and shows the difficulties in losing weight and being healthy. It also shows examples of how to handle bullying.

4. Numbers by Rachel Ward
I have never read a book like this, and it must have been really hard to write! I loved the internal conflict and I thought that the topic was brilliant. I was able to easily connect to Jem. Her optimism and bravery made up for the fact that the series is a little sadder than what I normally read.

5. Nothing But the Truth by Avi
This was one of the options on my school summer reading list, and I never imagined I would love it as much as I did! This funny book about patriotism is for everyone of all ages!
This is the first book I reviewed on this blog! The Running Dream calls attention to a lot of real life problems and concerns that most of us fail to notice, even when they are right before our eyes. The book showcases struggles that everyone can relate to. It is powerful and inspiring!

7. Rule of Three by Eric Walters
What I really liked was that even though it is dystopian, it seemed a little more realistic, seeing that the communities did not completely fall apart, and there was still some order. This made it easier to believe and allowed the story to really come alive. I own the trilogy, and re-read them all the time!

8. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
The prospect of not being able to ever touch anyone is heartbreaking, and Juliet is incredible! Throughout the series, her character development exceeds expectations. The imagery is crystal clear, and the environmental catastrophe was well illustrated.

9. Where I Belong by Mary Downing Hahn
This is a great inspirational read for younger students adjusting to middle school! Where I Belong teaches lessons in friendships and acceptance. It also shows the power of imagination and positivity!

10. Frozen In Time by Ali Sparkes
Frozen In Time is a funny science fiction read for all ages!  Polly and Freddy's reactions to present day things are hysterical. Freddy's solutions to problems are quite odd, but they work, and they're very funny! The general idea of the book is a great idea, and fun to imagine. 








2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books. Shatter Me is on my TBR, though. And, The Rule of 3 looks like one I'd enjoy so it's going on the TBR. Thanks for the recs.

    I misread the prompt so I did it wrong, lol. Oh well. Here's mine: http://jennielyse.com/top-ten-tuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I need to read Shatter Me sometime!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...