Friday, August 24, 2018

Secrets of PEACE by T.A. Hernandez

Secrets of PEACE is the first YA dystopian book in a trilogy that was sent to me by the author. After another nuclear war, the PEACE Project rose to power as the new government, controlling the population by any means necessary to prevent conflict. Zira has been raised in their compound, and trained as an assassin to eliminate threats to national security. But the further she ventures from the walls, the more she starts to realize that PEACE is lying and having her hurt innocent people. Her revelations land her in grave danger, and before she can save the world, she must escape it.

Zira is far beyond her years, but sweetly innocent at the same time about the ways of her world. Her internal conflict was amazing, having to choose between morality and loyalty. I loved watching her rebel and struggle to survive. I am impressed at how realistic Zira was, and I am proud of her for following her heart and sticking with human values.

Secrets of PEACE is an excellent thrill and page-turner, and I loved all the action. I also love the irony of PEACE not being peaceful. The writing style was superior, especially for a third-person narrative. I thoroughly enjoyed the futuristic setting and uncovering the secrets of their world, and I was fixated on every detail!

I recommend this book, and I'm looking forward to reading the next book, Renegades of PEACE! The author has told me that the third book, Survivors of PEACE, will be released sometime in the fall.

Title: Secrets of PEACE
Author: T.A. Hernandez
Publisher: Sanita Street Publishing
Pages: 293 Pages
Series: Yes, Book 1
Rating: 5 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...