Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Ignite Me (Shatter Me Book 3) by Tahereh Mafi

Ignite Me is the third book in the Shatter Me series, a young adult dystopian trilogy. Omega Point is destroyed, and Juliette has no idea if her friends are still alive. She discovers that Warner is not who she thought he was, and he saved her life. Juliette trusts him now, and she has to make her friends who survived trust him too, while managing to take down the Reestablishment. She is finally ready to step out of the shadows and take charge.

I think that the other books were better than this one. For one thing, the ending was too rushed. The plot was not as developed, and I thought it lacked some action. I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, Ignite Me is still a good book, it is just not as great as the others.

I loved how Juliette came out of her shell. All this time she was scared and hesitant, and finally decided to lead. All the characters changed, bolder and more eager. Adam changed the most. I could not even tell it was him! I liked the extent of their abilities, and it was great for them to finally become who they were supposed to be. 

Shatter Me is a trilogy, but there are short additions in between them. In between Shatter Me (book 1) and Unravel Me (book 2), there is Destroy Me, which is told from Warner's perspective following his injury. In between Unravel Me and Ignite Me (book 3) is Fracture Me, which is the last moments of the battle told from Adam's perspective. The two individually are only available as an e-book, but there is Unite Me, which is a paperback book of both of them together that was available at my public library. I read both of them, and they are not necessary to understanding the series. The series makes perfect sense without them, and they are just bonus material.

I think the Shatter Me series is a must-read for young adult readers, and I recommend that you read them. It was recently announced that ABC will be making the Shatter Me series into a television show.

See my reviews of the other books in the series:



Title: Ignite Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 416 pages
Series: Yes, Book 3
Rating: 4 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...