Monday, February 25, 2019

Foiled by Carey Fessler

Foiled is a middle grade historical fiction book with a touch of fantasy, based on the conspiracy theories surrounding the 1947 Roswell, New Mexico UFO sighting. This book was sent to me by the author. In a U.S. Army base in Roswell, New Mexico, eleven-year-old Billy's father brings home "magic memory foil" from the alien crash site, and Billy shows it to his friend Kate. The CIA arrives, determined to collect the artifact at all costs. The two kids run away with the foil, discovering it gives Kate the ability to read minds.

I liked the concept of the memory foil and its mystery. I enjoyed the controversy of who to trust, and the foil gave them quite an advantage. While I am left with quite a lot of unanswered questions, it is how it is in real life. I appreciate that rather than the author making up answers to the questions, he left it up to the reader to decide, just like how it was basically left at the time.

It was suspenseful and very exciting. It felt like an action movie with all the adrenaline and fear at times. I loved watching them run away and all the issues they faced. I liked how this book depicted running away realistically, full of anxiety and hardship. I loved the ending, as it was peaceful and wrapped it up quite nicely.

I highly recommend this book and cannot wait to read it again!

Title: Foiled
Author: Carey Fessler
Publisher: Foeg
Pages: 252
Series: No
Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...