Monday, March 11, 2019

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June by Robin Benway

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June is a YA fantasy book. Sisters April, May, and June rediscover their magical powers. April can see the future. May can turn invisible, and June can read minds. When April foresees a tragic accident, the girls must work together to prevent it.

I loved how realistic the characters felt and how wild their emotions were. The dialogue was rich in a lack of vocal self-control, which I thought was ironic given the situation at hand. I enjoyed how the characters felt real even though their powers weren’t. I also loved the suspense and the race against the clock. April had so much pressure on her shoulders. I didn't expect the ending at all, which left a very philosophical question at the end.

A complaint of mine is that the girl's powers were simply stated, but not explained. They have magical powers, but why? How? Where did they come from? I loved the story, however I was left with many unanswered questions. In addition, I thought there wasn't enough difference in the personalities of the three sisters, as the pages and pages of dialogue felt very similar to each other. I was also looking for a "superhero" vibe that I did not receive. But all in all, I still enjoyed the book very much.

I recommend this book! I am excited to try another book from the author, though, Audrey, Wait!

Title: The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June
Author: Robin Benway
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: 281
Series: No
Rating: 4 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...