Sunday, September 6, 2015

Double by Jenny Valentine

Double is a young adult mystery about Chap, a 16-year-old boy with no home or family. Then, one day he is mistaken for Cassiel Roadnight, who has been missing for two years. He knows it is wrong, but suddenly he has the opportunity to have the life Chap has always wanted. As he tries not to be discovered, Chap discovers who he really is, and that he is in greater trouble than he bargained for.

I really liked the mystery in it about who Chap is, and how Cassiel disappeared. Every other chapter was about Chap's life before with his grandfather, so you got some background information about him. The title gives away some hints, and if you pay enough attention you can guess how Double will turn out. Chap's situation can be related to almost anything involving confusion and discovering yourself.

I really liked that I could picture what to do differently. In my head, I was putting myself in the book, but only certain parts of the book appealed to me to do that. There were specific parts in the book where I felt that the characters could have said something different, so I imagined myself in the book and how I would have changed what they said.

I have not read a book on this subject before, and I really liked it. I recommend this book for anyone who is in the mood for a good mystery.


Title: Double
Author: Jenny Valentine
Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children
Pages: 256 pages
Series: No
Rating: 4 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...