Saturday, February 9, 2019

Eternal Soul by Karimah Colden

Eternal Soul is the first book in the YA fantasy trilogy, Eternal. This book was sent to me by the author. Reign Elise La' Roche has always had her talents. Not simply just her flawless artistic skills, but her sixth sense. Her family beholds an ancient bloodline of magick that she's previously rejected. But when her life is in danger, Reign must accept her other superhuman skills to protect herself, her family, and her friends.

While the main characters are adults, this book is more than appropriate for a teenage audience. I learned a lot about African culture and I was fascinated to discover the history and powers of hoodoo magic, as well as the many religious syncretisms in New Orleans. Eternal Soul is not only a fantastical novel but an educational one, too.

The writing and language was simply beautiful and elegantly descriptive. I loved observing Reign's transformations and embracement of her bloodline. The imagery was superior and I thoroughly enjoyed not only watching Reign suffer, but seeing her triumph and pull through. The characters were a complete mystery, and I had fun trying to guess which man was there to steal her heart or her life, or simply just interested in her beautiful paintings.

I highly recommend this book! I look forward to reading the next installation, Eternal Love.

Title: Eternal Soul
Author: Karimah Colden
Publisher: Karimah Colden (self-published)
Pages: 207
Series: Yes, Book 1
Rating: 5 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...