Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Unremembered by Jessica Brody

Unremembered is the first book in a YA science fiction trilogy. Freedom Airlines flight 121 crashed in the ocean, and there were no survivors except for a sixteen-year-old girl floating in the water. Records say she was not on the plane at all, in fact her DNA is completely unregistered. She is unharmed. She has violet eyes and is downright beautiful. There's nothing wrong with her. This girl is perfect. However, this girl has no memory of anything, not even objects or food. And she has incredible strength, speed, and intelligence that shouldn't be possible. She struggles to piece together her memories and who she is. Her only hint is a necklace and a boy who claims to have given it to her.

While the broad theme of amnesia is quite common, this is something else and I loved every page. Unremembered combines some of my favorite things in books- time travel, amnesia, and the question, "what makes us human?" I loved the mystery aspect as well as the romance that made it feel more realistic.  The concept of a perfect human being was very captivating, and the complicated question of what "human" actually means. My only critique would be that at times, I had to go back and re-read chapters or pages because there was just so much to understand, and it went at a very fast pace.

I have read this book about four times now. It is just addictive, I don't know how else to describe it. I finish reading the book, and I have the sudden urge to go pick it back up and read it again! There are these huge things I loved, but the little details were amazing, too, even adding hints of humor. For example, the fact that she falls in love with grilled cheese sandwiches. Lighthearted information like that helps to calm the book from the huge thrills.

I am glad I bought this book, and I highly recommend it! I cannot wait to read the next book in this series, Unforgotten! I also look forward to reading another book the author has written, My Life Undecided.

Title: Unremembered
Author: Jessica Brody
Publisher: Farrar, Straus, & Giroux (BYR)
Pages: 320
Series: Yes, Book 1 of 3
Rating: 5 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...