Friday, June 15, 2018

Wake by Lisa McMann

Wake is the first YA book in a paranormal mystery trilogy. Janie has a gift and a curse. Against her will, she has been getting sucked into other people's dreams ever since she was eight years old, creating endless torture day and night. After being transported into one nightmare too many, she opens up to Cabel, a boy at her school. He comforts her, and protects her. But he has secrets of his own, and they might be the key to Janie learning to control her powers.

This book was amazing and is a fast-paced thrill! It was creepy and frighting at times, but so captivating and full of suspense and anticipation! I enjoyed the concept, which is fascinating and unique. If you think you've got a secret or really hate your life, read this book and discover how truly awful life could be. The mystery part of the book is a huge surprise and I loved the twist at the end! I was surprised when the book ended, and I was so immersed into their world that I actually forgot where I was when I finished reading.

Janie is very strong. I don't know how in the world she manages a 3.8 GPA while dealing with all this day and night. Cabel is an amazing guy and I loved seeing him help her recover and navigate the scary nightmares. Janie is perfectly imperfect and realistic. She makes a lot of mistakes and makes questionable decisions but at the end of the day she is human (I think) and is going through a lot. She cries more than any other character in the books that I have read, and it makes my heart ache for her. 

I highly recommend this book! I am excited to read the next book in this trilogy, Fade, and I look forward to seeing how Janie's powers progress!

I would say that the book is for older readers given that some of the dreams she is sucked into involve mature actions and descriptions. 

Title: Wake
Author: Lisa McMann
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 210
Series: Yes, Book 1
Rating: 5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...