Friday, December 24, 2021

Jonathan: Prince of Dreams (The Jonathan Trilogy Book 1) by A. Corrin

Jonathan: Prince of Dreams is the first book in a YA fantasy trilogy. This book was sent to me by the author. Teenager Jonathan He'klarr's life is not ideal. His mother was murdered before he was born, and his father is an abusive alcoholic. Not to mention Griffin, the notoriously evil bully, seems to be escalating his attacks. Paired with one disaster after another and callings in his dreams of a heroic destiny, Jonathan senses that everything he knew about the world is about to change.

Corrin is a very talented writer, and I am surprised that this is her first book! The writing quality is stronger than many other books that I have read. This book is wild- both literally and figuratively! This was such an insane story, and I admire the author’s vast creativity to come up with such a tale! Jonathan: Prince of Dreams reminded me in first impressions to Lisa McMann's Unwanteds series.

I really hope that in the next book he can find a way to reconnect with Niki and Tyson and make amends with his father. I have no idea how I would be able to cope with everything he's been through. I appreciate that the author wrote Jonathan with a short temper, but made sure that his anger was always justified. I hope those in the real world keep searching for him and never give up hope that he will return. Apparently the previous king could go into other's dreams and warn leaders about future catastrophes. It would be amazing if Jonathan could work together with his friends and family, embracing both sides of him.

I highly recommend this book and am excited to read the next!

Title: Jonathan: Prince of Dreams
Author: A. Corrin
Publisher: A. Corrin
Pages: 340
Series: Yes, Book 1 of 3
Rating: 5 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...