Friday, November 27, 2015

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

The Maze Runner is the first book in this sci-fi mystery series. The only thing Thomas can remember when he wakes up in the lift is his name. He is in the Glade, a maze that nobody can figure a way out of, with other people his age who don't remember anything either. Soon after Thomas arrives, a girl in a coma named Teresa arrives, and has a special connection to him. With their help, maybe they can discover a way out- before there is nobody left to escape. 

I loved how easy it was to connect with the characters, especially Thomas. Furthermore, I think the author did a good job at describing how Thomas and the other boys felt without their memories, and the desperation that Thomas felt. Another thing I loved about Thomas was that from the start he had hope, and nobody else did. The others kept trying to convince him that there is no way out, but he kept going. That is the type of character that I love to read about.

The setting was painted really clearly. I could picture everything that was written. What was great was that very little was revealed, which makes me curious to read the others in this series. 

I cannot wait to read the next book in this young adult series, The Scorch Trials!


Title: The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Pages: 384 pages
Series: Yes, Book 1
Rating: 5 Stars
Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I think that the first book in the series was the only one worth reading, because the rest of them just aren't that gripping. I agree that James Dasher did a good job with the setting and character buildup, but I feel as if it only applies to the first book. Great review :)

    Asmita,
    rayofss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts! It will be interesting to see if I feel the same way about the rest of the series.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...