Monday, July 11, 2016

Ask My Mood Ring How I Feel by Diana López

This is my 100th blog post, and what a perfect way to celebrate by reviewing a great middle grade book that I have read nearly 100 times! Erica's mom is diagnosed with breast cancer, and she doesn't know what to do. She makes a promesa to God in exchange for help for her mom, but it is harder than she thought.

On top of the pressure of cancer, her genius sister is skipping two grades, and won't stop counting everything in sight. Erica has so many emotions that she uses a mood ring to keep them straight. When she falls extremely behind in school, she must face the fact that sometimes it is okay to ask for help.

I have read this book so many times, and it is great every time! The book has many different story lines, and I thought that the author balanced them very well.

Ask My Mood Ring How I Feel is very inspirational. Erica is a very hard worker and motivated to save her mom. She takes responsibility for everything. The book shows elements of family, friendship and leadership, as well as teaching that asking for help is not a bad thing. Erica does not get good grades in math, and I liked how she stepped up.

I liked the determination in Erica. I admired how she handled herself. When Erica got sad or upset sometimes, she wrote in her diary, which is a good way of coping. A character that I liked is Gumwad. He is so nice and sweet, even when Erica did not realize it. He was a good friend, and friends are important to her.

I recommend that you read this incredible book!

Title: Ask My Mood Ring How I Feel
Author: Diana López
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Pages: 352
Series: No
Rating: 5 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...