Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger

In my opinion, Keeper of the Lost Cities is the best fantasy book for teens. 12-year-old Sophie Foster has been living with humans her entire life, but has always thought she was "something other." Sophie has a very rare ability to read minds without even trying. Then, she meets Fitz, a strange boy who can also read minds, and informs Sophie that she is a telepath, and that she is an Elf. Sophie is forced to leave behind everything and move to a world where she does fit in, with a ton of unanswered questions.

I discovered this book by browsing my public library. Its title and cover caught my attention immediately. I have read this book over and over and over, and each time I want to read it again. I absolutely guarantee that you will be laughing at Sophie's reactions and mistakes. The amount of detail in the book is amazing, and with twists and turns you never expect what happens. Keeper of the Lost Cities really made me think, and I was thrilled to find that it was better than I ever thought it could be. 

This is the first book in this series, and there are currently three books out, with the fourth coming in November 2015. This book is a must-read for anyone who loves fantasy!



Title: Keeper of the Lost Cities
Author: Shannon Messenger
Publisher: Aladdin
Pages: 496 pages
Series: Yes, Book 1
Rating: 5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Julia-I've been looking for a new series to dig into this summer, and your review of Messenger's trilogy put's it high on my list. I'll talk to you about it next year. This book blog is a great vehicle for your summer reading, and I love the Seuss quote!
    Mr. Gallagher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...