Friday, September 16, 2016

Dualed by Elsie Chapman

Dualed is the first of two dystopian YA books. Everyone that lives in Kersh is protected from the outside world where countless wars are being fought. However, you have to be worthy of getting that protection. Everyone has a twin (an Alt) that is raised by a different family. Once they get their assignment from The Board (their government), they have 31 days to fight each other, and prove their worth by ending their Alt's life.

Fifteen-year-old West Grayer's whole family was unworthy. She is determined to be worthy. However, when she makes a mistake that costs her friend's life, she is no longer positive she is the best version of herself.

I bought this book because it sounded interesting, and I have not read many books about twins or genetic alternates. The setting illustration on the cover of the book is great. I like the angle of her hair, which shows that she is running. I like that West is hesitant to defeat her Alt. In this bizarre society, it was refreshing to see that she was still human and appreciated life.

However, I felt that this book is missing something. I wanted there to be more of a fight, more action when West actually faced her. The other events are big and full of detail and excitement, and I was disappointed in how it worked out.

I recommend that you read Dualed, and I am excited to read the next book, Divided! I'm glad I purchased it.

Title: Dualed
Author: Elsie Chapman
Publisher: Random House
Pages: 292
Series: Yes, Book 1 of 2
Rating: 4 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...