Wednesday, April 25, 2018

TwoSpells by Mark Morrison

TwoSpells is the first book in a middle grade fantasy series that was sent to me by the author. When twins Sarah and Jon are on a trip to visit their grandparents, they learn about a dark and mysterious building called TwoSpells, a library that allows you to enter into different universes through the power of reading. Unbeknownst to the twins, they have magical powers, too. Their exploration of the library and other realms is interrupted by a war, and the dark leaders have their eyes on the twins.

The cover is beautiful and a fair representation of the book. I would love to visit that library! Being able to visit the world of a book would be a dream come true. The imagery was amazing and I truly felt that I was in there with the characters! I also loved the mysterious and creepy setting that kept me on the edge of my seat.

I enjoyed the action scenes and how the chaos was actually reined in and somewhat controlled at the same time. It was interesting to discover the complex family relationship and the mystery of figuring out their ancestry and discovering their enemies' motivations. My only critique is that I was wishing for Sarah and Jon to use more magic and play a little bit of a bigger role in the war.

I cannot wait for more books in the future! It was a clever cliffhanger, and I cannot wait to find out how their powers develop and evolve! I recommend this book!

Title: TwoSpells
Author: Mark Morrison
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Pages: 316
Series: Yes, Book 1
Rating: 4 Stars
Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...