Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten YA Dystopian Books I'd Never Want to Live in

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. If you want to participate, click here. This week's theme is Bookish Worlds I’d Want to/Never Want to Live in.

I decided to focus on the second option, places I would not want to live, which is essentially dystopian. Below is a list in order of the top ten worst dystopian settings to live in, all found in YA books.

1. The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
An alien invasion at the end of the world. What could go wrong? 

2. The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M Obrien
I would never, ever, ever, want to live in a place where people poke around in my head while I sleep and spy on my dreams. That is so creepy and haunting. 

3. The Living by Matt De La Pena
 Just the fact that everybody is dying from a disease is awful, but if I actually lived where the main characters are for the majority of the book, I'd be stuck at sea, and all my friends would be dying.

4. H20 (The Rain) by Virginia Bergin
  This is one of the most scariest settings. If I get wet, I die a gruesome, painful death.

5. The Program by Suzanne Young
 I do not at all want to live in a world where emotion is not allowed and a hint of sadness makes government officials wipe my memory. 

6. Dualed by Elsie Chapman
I do not want to live in fear about my evil twin who will try to kill me and have to constantly watch my back. That's way too much anxiety.

7. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
 I think this one is obvious; it would be awful to live in the middle of a war with no food, water, or shelter. 

8. Glitch by Heather Anastsiu
I want to have my own emotions, and my own thoughts! Not to mention the fact that the idea of having a piece of technology in my body is quite weird and scary.

9. Gone by Michael Grant
If I had super-powers, maybe I'd make a difference and try to help and make peace. If I was one of the kids who don't, well, death is imminent. 

10. Breathe by Sarah Crossan
 Regardless of whether or not I live in a safe, protected dome, there are no trees and there is no air on Earth!

What books would you never want to live in?

1 comment:

  1. Great list! All of those worlds sound terrifying. The dream one especially creeps me out *shivers*

    Thanks for stopping by The Hungry Bookworm! :)

    - Megan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...