Thursday, August 16, 2018

Confessions of a Murder Suspect (Confessions Book 1) by James Patterson

Confessions of a Murder Suspect is the first of four YA mystery books in the Confessions series. Tandy Angel and her three brothers are not normal. They have unnatural abilities that separate them from everybody else. Unlike their last name, life in their billionaire family is not angelic at all. Still, it is quite a shock when her parents are murdered in their own bedroom. The only suspects are Tandy and her siblings, and all of them have a motive. She cannot trust anyone, even her own fuzzy memories. So she decides to solve the case herself, uncovering bizarre and freaky scandals surrounding their sister's death, the family fortune, love affairs, and the origin story of their supernatural gifts.

Considering that James Patterson has written 147 books and holds the Guinness World Record for the most #1 New York Times bestsellers, this book had a huge reputation to live up to, and it did! I must say, this was the best mystery book that I have ever read! The final end result of how their parents died I was able to guess, but this is not a murder mystery. This is a mystery of her past, and how Tandy and their brothers came to be, and all the lies told to them every day. I can count at least 10 revelations that the characters did not know about, and I was stunned by all of them.

I loved the flashback chapters, of memories that were somehow erased from her mind. I loved discovering who Tandy really is and her story. I also loved how she speaks to the reader directly, like she is actually telling me, personally, a story. I also loved how the story was shocking and unbelievable, but partnered with how alive Tandy was, it actually felt realistic. Their family scandals were stressful, suspenseful, and very unusual to say the least, but extremely fascinating.

I highly recommend this book and I cannot wait to read the next book, Private School Murders!

Title: Confessions of a Murders Suspect
Author: James Patterson
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Pages: 372
Series: Yes, Book 1 of 4
Rating: 5 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...