Saturday, January 12, 2019

The Shield of Nike (A War on the Gods Companion Story) by A.P. Mobley

41060182The Shield of Nike is a YA short story prequel to the War on the Gods series. This new fantasy book was sent to me by the author, and releases today. Valeria and her friend Greg were out hiking and proclaiming their love for each other when the Greek Gods attacked Earth in a violent storm. Valeria is knocked unconscious when a shield falls from the sky. Awakened by a voice in her head, she is shocked to discover that her world has been decimated and Greg is missing. She also learns that she is a demigod, the daughter of Nike, caught between a war with humanity and the Gods. In order to find Greg, she must use her newfound powers to fend off the monsters that roam and discover who she truly is.

This a quick, fun read! I loved Valeria's sarcastic, funny attitude that made her character come alive! I enjoyed her inner dialogue and internal conflict that made her character come alive! The imagery was fantastic and I could fully envision every detail. This tale was extremely fast paced and exciting. I am impressed at the quality of writing and plot development for such a short tale. I am happy with the ending and how it set the stage for The Helm of Darkness. My only complaint would be that the story felt too short, and I wanted more. 

I recommend that you read this book and this series!  I am looking forward to reading the second book in the  series, Poseidon's Trident, released in November 2019.

Read my review of the first book in this series, The Helm of Darkness!

Title: The Shield of Nike
Author: A.P. Mobley
Publisher: Sea of Ink Press
Pages: 104
Series: Yes, Prequel
Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...