Sunday, April 14, 2019

Kill Code by Clive Fleury

Kill Code is the first book in a YA dystopian series about corruption and abuse of power. I received this book from the author. In this dystopian society in 2031, global warming has decimated the Earth with increasing rising seas and deadly heat. The world is ruled by the few rich and powerful, supposedly hosting soap kitchens and helping the poor. Actually, all the NSC do is steal money and power for themselves. Tricked by massive propaganda, ex-cop Hogan Duran is excited to face the trials to join the NSC and help the poor community. As he becomes immersed in their world, Hogan discovers the truth and must try to fight back against their cruelty.

I absolutely loved this action-packed book! I was completely sucked into their world and I couldn't take my eyes off the pages! This book would make an excellent movie as the fighting scenes were perfectly executed and full of suspense. The intensity grew with each page, and I was anxious for them. I was sad when the book ended with an amazing cliffhanger. It is rather short book, so I was shocked at how the effectiveness of the pacing made it seem a lot longer.

The issue of the rich abusing their power is painfully obvious even today, so the predictions Kill Code makes are very realistic. I enjoyed how the concepts and technology felt crazy but still probable at the same time. I love how he and Ruby worked together as a team, defying the central idea of their society that everyone should fend for themselves. Hogan has a huge amount of empathy for others, something unique to the set of characters featured.

I highly recommend this book and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series, Blood Code, which will be out before the end of the year.

Title: Kill Code
Author: Clive Fleury
Publisher: Tck Publishing
Pages: 148
Series: Yes, Book 1
Rating: 5 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...