Saturday, June 6, 2020

Invasion of the Aliens (The Legends of Pinena) by Amy Zhao

Perfect for fans of Keeper of the Lost Cities or DustInvasion of the Aliens (The Legends of Pinena) is a middle grade fantasy story surrounded in magic and adventure! This book was sent to me by the author. When Pia, the Friendship Talent Fairy, is sucked into a portal that transports her to another galaxy, she finds herself thrust into the middle of a war between fairies and Slucus, octopus-like alien invaders. Pia, trapped on this new planet, decides to help fight the aliens and win freedom back for these fairies. Along the way, she'll grow to realize the immense power at her fingertips (that she didn't know she had) is the key to defeating the Slucus.

I'll admit, in the beginning I didn't see how a Friendship Fairy could majorly turn the tide in a war, but I was shocked to be proven wrong by the end! This story teaches the importance of being kind to one another and that caring for each other can be the strongest type of magic there is. I loved Pia's moral values and her willingness to endanger herself to save others. I was continuously surprised by her ability to find hope and continue to fight even when it seemed hopeless.  I enjoyed the mystery aspect of Pia suddenly being transported to another galaxy. This world was so imaginative and diverse, filled with all sorts of mythical and magical creatures. Invasion of the Aliens was very fun to read and lifts one's spirits!

I cannot believe that Amy is only twelve years old and wrote a 347 page book!  It is mind-blowing that Amy has the same talent as a 40-year-old! This girl is going places, and I cannot wait to watch her grow in future years! I love the 26-page bonus chapter at the end titled "My Writing Experience & Lessons, and Writing Tips I Learned". In addition to being fun to read, the educational benefit of Zhao teaching figurative language and character-building strategies is wonderful! I believe that Amy Zhao and this book can serve as a major inspiration for young authors.

I highly recommend this book!

Title: Invasion of the Aliens (The Legends of Pinena)
Author: Amy Zhao
Publisher: Amy Zhao Publishing
Pages: 347
Series: No
Rating: 5 Stars
Amazon UK
Amazon US
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...