Monday, March 8, 2021

Kindled Embers (The Dryad's Cede Book 1) by K.C. Simos

Kindled Embers is a middle grade fantasy story that was sent to me by the author. When 12-year-old Eliza's foster father Jonas, a war hero, is falsely accused of stealing the Royal Pearl, she helps Jonas escape. Eliza decides the best way to clear his name is solve the theft themselves by following the riddles left behind.

Kindled Embers is a cute, fun story, but it also brought up a significant amount of moral issues and lessons. One of which surrounded what makes us worthy of being loved or receiving kindness. Differences in social class were very clear as a lesson of being kind and valuing everyone regardless of social standing was present. How adults behave does effect children; they are not invisible and are effected by the social environment. 

As far as the characters go, Eliza's personality and intelligence does fit with her age of 12, and she is relatable to how I was at that age. Even at 12 years old Eliza could see wrongdoing and injustice in her world. Eliza reminds me of myself at that age, always curious, enthusiastic, and determined. The plot was not predictable, and I was surprised and satisfied at the end. Personally, I don't believe a second book is needed, but I look forward to reading it. 

I highly recommend this book!

Title: Kindled Embers (The Dryad's Cede Book 1)
Author: K.C. Simos
Publisher: K.C. Simos
Pages: 132
Series: Yes, Book 1 of 2
Rating: 5 Stars
Goodreads

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...