Sunday, December 13, 2015

Renegade (Elemental Trilogy Book 3) by Antony John

Renegade is the thrilling conclusion to the dystopian trilogy, Elemental. After Thom realizes that his mother is still alive, Thom is determined to return home to Roanoke. However, the island is still under pirate control, and a mysterious boy appears in possession of controlling the rats that give the Plague. Thom struggles with the fact that he can take over people's elements, and now his friends are scared of him. But if he wants to save their home, Thom must summon the full extent of his power.

What I did not realize until now is that Roanoke Island is actually a real place! I would never have guessed that, and it made me like the series even more. I also liked Thom's internal conflict. He can take over his friend's elements whenever he wants, and it scares his friends, and him as well. Whenever he touches someone, he hurts them or their element which prevents him from having the relationship with Rose that he wants.

However, I did not like all the secrecy. Its like, oh, by the way, the stuff we have told you since you were born was wrong! Geez. I think it was a little extreme. It was the adults that were lying all the time which confused me, and annoyed me. It still wrapped up the series really well, and there was an ending that showed what happens later. There was still some wiggle room for another book, but only enough to think about it.

I think that you will find this science fiction fantasy trilogy an interesting read for teens!

See my reviews of the other books in this series:


Title: Renegade (Elemental Trilogy #3)
Author: Antony John
Publisher: Dial Books
Pages: 304 pages
Series: Yes, Book 3
Rating: 4 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...