Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Death Cure (The Maze Runner Book 3) by James Dashner

The Death Cure is the third and final book in the dystopian YA Maze Runner trilogy series. The WICKED tells them that most of them are immune to the flare. They also say that the trials are over, and they want to give everyone their memories back. Thomas, however, remembers more than they think, and what he remembers tells him to not believe a word they say. While everyone else gets back their memories, Thomas, Newt, and Minho refuse. Thomas will do anything to save his friends, but the truth is more dangerous than everyone thought, and will be what will save the world- or destroy it.

The Death Cure had a lot of action and suspense. I was hooked onto what Thomas would do next. I also liked that Gally was back in the story. I am not sure if I can forgive him for what he did, but that just made me like the book even more. A lot of things happened in the book, and I was excited for the end.

That was a big mistake. I am so mad at James Dashner for the end. It was rushed and confusing. I also really disliked which character didn't survive! I can think of at least three different endings to the series.

Overall, I think the series was worth reading.

Read my reviews of the other books in this series:
 

Title: The Death Cure (The Maze Runner Book 3)
Author: James Dashner
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pages: 325 pages
Series: Yes, Book 3
Rating: 3 Stars
Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about the ending being rushed, I had to re-read so many chapters to make sure I understood what was going on, I was so confused! I loved the action and adventure, I was always trying to guess what would happen next but I think the ending ruined it for me!

    Great review :)

    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I love your reviews so much. I personally enjoyed the ending, unhappy and unsatisfactory but also unrealistically positive. I felt like it described the series really well as a whole :P. I totally get not liking it and it honestly could have been wrapped up better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...