Thursday, June 15, 2017

Celebrating Two Years of Blogging: My Favorite Books

In the past two years since I started blogging, I have read and reviewed over 150 books! I thought this would be a great opportunity to look back on my reviews and share my favorite YA and middle grade books.  See my first review from exactly two years ago, The Running Dream. It is hard to rank my favorite books, so this list is mostly in order of favorites.

One of my favorite parts of blogging these past two years has been getting the amazing opportunity to receive several books from authors and publishers to review. I can't wait to see what new and exciting books I receive in the coming years!
 
1. Keeper of the Lost Cities Series by Shannon Messenger
This middle grade fantasy series is my all-time favorite series! The covers of all the books are amazing and the books are addicting. They are my favorite to read over and over again!
 
2.  Stronger Than You Know by Jolene Perry
This is extremely inspirational, and I love the character development and internal conflict. Joy showcases strength and is an amazing example of how experiences shape who you are.

3. Losers Take All by David Klass
The concept of this realistic fiction book was hilarious, and is the funniest book I have ever read! Everyone can laugh out loud while watching the characters purposely lose.


4. Gone by Michael Grant
This first book was fascinating, and this YA series was thrilling! The book was suspenseful and the prospect of having no adults around makes for my favorite dystopian series! The powers that they gain are an amazing twist.

5. Losing It by Erin Fry
This realistic fiction book shows that you can do anything when you put your mind to it, and shows the difficulties in losing weight and being healthy. It also shows great examples of how to handle bullying.


6. Faceless by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
This book is about discrimination and being comfortable in who you are. It went deep into many teen issues, including self-confidence. Maisie teaches about honesty and taking care of yourself. This book is inspirational and I love it!

7. Rule of Three by Eric Walters
What I really liked was that even though it is dystopian, it seemed a little more realistic, seeing that the communities did not completely fall apart, and there was still some order.  


8. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
This is one of the only books I have read where I don't have unanswered questions! The plot structure was intriguing and Juliet's character is well-written and developed. I would not change anything!

9. Numbers by Rachel Ward
I have never read a book like this, and it must have been really hard to write! I loved the internal conflict and I thought that the topic was brilliant. I was able to easily connect to Jem, and her optimism and bravery made up for the fact that the series is a little sadder than what I normally read.


10. Radiate by Marley Gibson
I love that this book is based off of a true story! I also like how the book tackles generalizations about cheerleaders, and I loved reading her journey to recovery.

This was one of the options on a school summer reading list, and I never imagined I would love it as much as I did! This funny book about patriotism is for everyone!


1 comment:

  1. I read Shatter Me a few years ago, and I thought it was such an amazing book! Shannon Messenger's Keeper of Lost Cities series is also on my wish list - I've seen nothing but fantastic reviews for it. Have you read her Sky Fall series? It's so good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...