Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Ground Zero (T.O.E. Trilogy Book 3) by Al Stone

Ground Zero is the third and final book in the YA fantasy T.O.E. trilogy sent to me by the author. Every 26,000 years, the Annus Magnus comes. It's the end of civilization. Sometimes, a few lucky people can survive. This time, nobody stands a chance. The only hope for civilization is Charlie Blake finding all four elemental diamonds to restore the talisman. As the lines between friends and enemies start to blur, Charlie must look deep inside himself to figure out what his destiny is and what he is truly fighting for.

It was really hard to put down this book, and I was mad when my Kindle suddenly decided to do a system update (which took 15 minutes) in the middle of the book! The imagery was so intense that it was physically hard to tear my eyes away from the pages.

I must say, there was a lot to wrap my head around. Almost every chapter, he's somewhere else and another huge event occurs. There were so many twists and turns it was sometimes quite overwhelming. I still have some questions that will require me to read the book again. On the bright side, I liked the book so that won't be a problem!

This cover is my favorite of the series. It is simple, yet full of meaning. A regular boy infused with royalty and forced into leadership. This book is where Charlie really feels the huge pressure. Stopping an enemy or a demon is one thing, but the whole world ending is another. My heart goes out for Charlie and his extreme courage. The ending wrapped up the series very nicely and clearly shows the outcome of the rest of their lives.

I recommend that you read this series!

Read my review of the first book, The Talisman of El!

Read my review of the second book, Blackout!

Title: Ground Zero
Author: Al Stone
Publisher: Centrinian Publishing Ltd
Pages: 565
Series: Yes, Book 3/3
Rating: 4 Stars
Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thank you for the wonderful review. I greatly appreciate your reading the book :)
    Al Stone

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...