Sunday, October 14, 2018

Hungry by H.A. Swain

Hungry is a YA science fiction book about a futuristic world where nobody needs to eat. In One World, food no longer exists. Instead, everybody is fed medicine with nutrients in it. The government of One World says this prevents famine, gets rid of obesity, and prevents war. Everything she believed changes when Thalia begins to feel hunger. She meets a boy from the underground movement to bring food back, and they run away together to find real food.

I was extremely disappointed, as I had very high expectations for this book. The original concept was incredible, and I loved the beginning so much. But the more the book progressed, the more it went off the rails with too many new ideas and too much of an abandonment of the ideas left unfinished. The ending of the book threw me off a lot with no indication of a sequel.

The plot with the farm was just so irrelevant and disturbing. It's a completely different story that I just had no interest in. The harvest is absolutely revolting and makes me sick to my stomach. The cities, One World, revolution, and government lies are really what I cared about, and it makes me sad that I did not enjoy the book as much as I wanted to. It started out a 5 star, but the more it went on the more it started to deteriorate.

I do recommend that you read this book, but don't get your hopes up.

Title: Hungry
Author: H.A. Swain
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 384
Series: No
Rating: 3 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...